Barley with Hazelnuts, Apricots, Honey and Chocolate
Author: Whole Living
Barley has a nice, chewy texture, with grains that hold their shape. For a healthy breakfast that feels decadent, scatter bits of dark chocolate on top.
- 2½ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup barley
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup chopped blanched toasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup honey
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Whisk in grains. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving and top with buttermilk, apricots, hazelnuts, chocolate, and honey.
Source: Whole Living