Poached Apricots with Vanilla and Cardamom
Author: The Kitchn
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 6 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 cup water
- 4 apricots, halved lengthwise and pitted
- Greek-style yogurt
- Coarsely chopped pistachios
- Combine honey, vanilla pod and seeds, cardamom pods, and water in a medium saucepan. Simmer over low heat until the honey dissolves.
- Add the apricots and simmer, turning once, until they are just tender but not falling apart, about 2-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the apricots to a dish. Spoon a little of the syrup on top.
- Boil the remaining syrup over high heat until reduced by about half. Strain out the pods and seeds.
- To serve, drizzle the thickened syrup on top of the apricots, add a dollop of yogurt, and sprinkle with pistachios.